Thursday, September 20, 2007

perspective

Isn't it something how our perspective can be influenced and even changed so easily by others around us? Okay, I know we face many circumstances throughout the day, and no doubt we have an opinion about all of them, but we don't tell all of our opinions. We keep some to ourselves or at least we should. But what I'm talking about is just the little comments made to us by the several that get us thinking with a skewed perspective. Notice I didn't say wrong. One person or maybe even two people give their quick little quote and we don't give it too much credence, but let it be any more than that and here we go down a bumpy road. How do we keep the correct outlook? And who determines what the correct one is? For me it's constant prayer for the right perspective, not the left. I have found myself doing this a lot lately. I do think there can be times in our life that the masses around us are telling the truth for our own good, but shouldn't those times have a positive take? I mean it's the ones that are looking out for our own good (not selfish good). I want to always be able to spot the ones that may not necessarily put me in the healthy frame of mind. You know, the kind that says, well, you get the point. So then my next question is: why does it seem to be happening a lot lately? What are the things that would most likely distract me from what I am supposed to be focused on? Aha! Could that be it?

Lessons for the day: Don't be a victim and Don't worry about not understanding what isn't my business.

1 comment:

Chris Kuykendall said...

My brain is fried and I didn't get any of that.

I'll reread it again when it isn't 2 am...