Tuesday, September 25, 2007

just do it

What do you need to do today? What is the one thing or the many things you are procrastinating? It seems I put something off everyday, or at least it used to. There are many things we can say about it. Baby steps, you eat an elephant one bite at a time, you've prolly heard more than me (prolly=probably). I remember several years ago my wife would get onto me because I would say I need to do something and then forget about it and then when I did remember it was too late. She told me to make a to do list everyday and as I finished one to mark it off the list, but renew the list and rewrite it everyday. I am now a habitual list writer. I love to be able to check things off the list.

So what is it? What do you need to get off your butt right now and do or at least start? The check book. Take out the trash. Write down your ideas. Write down a mission statement. Clean the garage. Clean out the fridge. Wash the car. Call the credit card company. Call your grandmother. Read. Water the plants. Feed the dog. Scrub the toilet. Clean the toothpaste out of the sink. Pay the speeding ticket. Watch the first season of Lost. Organize your pictures. Clean out your inbox. Do the laundry.

Go.

2 comments:

kendra said...

This blog is stressful. I am not even a procrastinator, but I have lots to do and a baby on the way. Thanks Keith!!

jennifer waldron said...

Can you say "all of the above'