Friday, April 24, 2009

do it for free

would you do what you do for free? I heard a topic on the radio yesterday that asked what if you got a decrease in pay at your job and they paid you only 60%-70% of what you make now, would you still do it or would you throw in the towel and quit? I guess it comes down to if you love it or not. I mean, I know we all gotta pay the bills, but I think if you really loved it you would find a way, even if you had to get a secod job.

But I ask you, what is worth doing for free? In fact, is there anything you do that you beleive enough in that you would actually do it even if it cost you?

Food for thought.

1 comment:

Babs Coppedge said...

As a mom, everything I do is for "free", so this is a hard question for me. I don't receive a paycheck yet I have job that has no set hours, no closing time and no annual evaluation with hopes of a pay increase.

BUT, lest you think I am lamenting, I would NOT change my JOB for anything in the world. I have the joy of having a hand in everything my kids touch and learn and see and do. I will look back when they are grown and not regret a single moment or wish "to have time back that I lost doing something else".

How's that for an answer?!?!? :)