Thursday, November 8, 2007

What's in a name?

So if you haven't read Freakonomics, I suggest it. It's intriguing reading. I just read the chapters last night on what makes a perfect parent. They don't claim to know, just put down some facts and statistics. Pretty interesting. Part of the chapter though contemplated whether or not the name you give a child affects them in life, or if it is a deciding factor on their outcome. I won't tell you how it goes, because I want you to read it (and it is rather exhaustive), but I will pose this to you:

My wife cannot decide on a name for our un-born daughter that is due late February. She has come up with a top three and left the decision up to me. Now, we wanted a "T" name for her first name and we have already decided her middle name will be "Joy". So I now put them out there for you to vote on and have the presumption that you will somehow sway my decision by how you vote. Enjoy!

(in no particular order)
1. Tatum
2. Toni
3. Tennille

No comments: